At Calvin, you will have the opportunity to learn by going outside the classroom—and your comfort zone.
Whether you live with another Spanish speaker, volunteer in the Grand Rapids community, or lead a Spanish communication group, you are sure to discover your place and your passion—and learn a little Spanish along the way.
- Improve your communication skills in Spanish. A huge part of studying Spanish is learning to speak it, which is why we are committed to giving you opportunities to practice.
- Come worship at Spanish chapel! Students and professors come together throughout the semester to praise the Lord in Spanish. See the Spanish department or professors for details.
Spanish in the community
- If you're learning Spanish at Calvin, you won't just study it in the classroom: you'll experience it right here in Grand Rapids. With over 29,000 Hispanics living in Grand Rapids (That's about 16 percent of the city's population!), it isn't too difficult to discover ways to use your Spanish right here in the community.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin's dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.