March 15-May 6Spring Outdoor Gear Rental is now available between 4:00-5:00 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays in the South Bay of the Track and Tennis Building. Pick up your FREE weekend gear on Wednesday and drop it off on Monday! Cycle Maintenance is now available between 4-5 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesdays in the South Bay of the Track and Tennis Building. Bring your bike in and learn to do basic adjustments and fix/repair on your bike.
All outdoor equipment is free:
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping pads
- Stoves/cook sets
You can reserve weekend equipment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Gear pick-up is Thursday 4-5 p.m.; gear return is Monday 4-5pm.
Pool kayacking: 3-week classes and open paddle, starting February 22. Every Monday and Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Sign up at the climbing center desk.
Opportunities for adventure
Wilderness orientation »
- Begin your Calvin career with an extended backcountry trip to the Rockies, North Channel, Red River Gorge, or Algonquin.
- Adventure grants let you create the outdoor experience you've been dreaming about. Organize a group, plan a trip, apply for funding, and start packing.
- Don't just head home for your fall weekend—pack it with fun, fellowship, outdoor adventure, and all the skills you'll need to do it again.
For-credit courses »
- Integrate adventure into your academic pursuits. Climbing, backpacking, road cycling, canoeing, sea kayaking, fly-fishing, downhill skiing, snowboarding—all are offered as for-credit courses.
Indoor rock climbing »
- Instruction, programming, and open climbing in the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex.
Interim courses »
- Rainforest expeditions in Costa Rica and Panama, outdoor education in the Grand Canyon, road biking in Australia—these are just some of the places we've gone in recent years. See where we're headed to this year and sign up for the adventure of a lifetime.
Professional internships »
- Learn about for credit and professional development opportunities. We've placed students with places like National Outdoor Leadership School, Wilderness Medical Institute, Rescue 3 International, the American Mountain Guide Association, and the American Canoe Association.
Adventure club »
- Prepare yourself for an unforgettable experience with Calvin's Adventure Club. From throwing down in Red River Gorge to paddling through the Pine River, Calvin's Adventure Club has it all.
Consulting (Sign Up for a Time at the Climbing Center)
|Sept. 14-16||Wilderfest Fall Trips 1
Pine River Canoe – Sept. 15
Pictured Rocks – Sept. 14-16
Manistee Backpack – Sept. 15-16
|Sign up at Climbing Center|
|Sept. 22-23||Wilderfest Fall Trips 2
Northern Michigan Cycle – Sept. 22-23
Northouse Dunes Backpack – Sept. 22-23
Manistee River Backpack – Sept. 22-23
|Sign up at Climbing Center|
|Sept. 28||Camp on Campus Event – Commons lawn||Contact Josh Maher (jdm47)|
|Oct. 5-7||DYS Weekend – Half Price Gear Rental||Contact Josh Maher (jdm47)|
|Oct. 19-21||Advising Break Adventure Grant Weekend||Contact Josh Maher (jdm47)|
|Oct. 31||Halloween Party at the Climbing Center||Contact Josh Maher (jdm47)|
|Nov. 10||Top Rope Climbing Competition||Sign up at Climbing Center|
- All Wilderfest trips are $25; sign up at the climbing center
Equipment rental, outfitting and cycle maintenance Sept. 5-Nov. 10
- Monday 4–5pm
- Thursday 4–5pm
Contact: Josh Maher - email@example.com
Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8-9pm
Instructor: Lucas Balk
Signup: Sign up at the Climbing Center; space limited to 7 boaters per night
See the group fitness page for details on our current programs.