AddressCalvin Academy for Lifelong Learning Calvin University, Youngsma Center | Map 1580 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids Michigan, 49546-4447 USA
Primary contactPhone: (616) 526-8777 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Calvin Academy for Lifelong Learning (CALL) is a member-based lifelong learning community. We have no age restrictions. We offer a wide variety of courses, bonus lectures, events, social groups, and travel opportunities during three terms each academic year. We offer a combination of online, hybrid, and in-person courses and lectures.
Fall Course Registration is open. Find the online catalog here. Three changes to note:
Membership cost is $40, not $30. All donations will go to the CALL Classroom Fund.
Course #4 has been changed by the instructors to a different course as follows:
04-F2021 What Does It Mean to be Human, 6 weeks instead of 4.
What makes human beings unique? Or are they? Is it our minds, our bodies, our souls, the capacity for certain kinds of relationships, or being made in the image of God? If the latter, what does “the image of God” mean? In the summer of 2021, BioLogos developed a series of six half-hour podcasts on this theme. These podcasts explore answers from biology, anthropology, theology, philosophy, and psychology. We will listen to one podcast each week followed by questions and discussion.
CALL Membership is required for course participation. The membership rate remains the same at $40 for the academic year 9/1/21-8/31/22. A three-year membership provides savings for $105 and is effective through 8/31/24. Membership can be purchased any time after July 1.
10-F2021 Vietnam- is canceled and postponed to Fall 2022.
28-F2021 The Good News of God in Paul's Letter to the Romans- date change- begins one week later on Thursday October 28 through November 18.
- The fee for any course is $30 each.
- Many courses will be hybrid this fall (online and in-person).
- Any courses online will be recorded for future viewing up to three months from the class date.
- To register online, use the "register for courses" tab in the upper right. You will need to create an account if you are new to the program. Use the drop-down menu on the left to select Fall Courses and then click the search button to bring up the full listing of courses.
- Here are some of the courses you will see: The Music of Motown, Russia, The Future of Food, The Dictator's Playbook, White House Wives, Women Who Made Us Better, How to Fight Racism, The Surprising Beauty of God, Wuthering Heights, and much more...
- Now that the CALL Scholarship has been fully endowed with funding, our program is starting a new fund which will go toward needed classroom modifications to benefit lifelong student learners. This remodeling includes updated technology for hybrid learning, state-of-the-art audio systems and tailored furnishings, as well as a hospitality area. These changes will enhance the quality of learning and deepen the community connection of CALL students. As you renew your membership, you will see an option to give to the CALL Classroom Fund. All gifts are tax-deductible and a donation receipt will be sent by the University. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
- Free parking
- Full library access
- Free interest groups, membership required
- Discounted rates at MVP Grand Rapids Broadway, Circle Theatre, and Grand Rapids Opera
- Discounted rates with Calvin's Worship Symposium and Festival of Faith and Writing
- New friends!
Free lectures begin September 1 and 2 at 3:00 pm Eastern Time —which include an amazing list of online learning—are available to anyone; no membership required.