The Bachelor of Science in Accounting (BSA) degree is designed to be completed in four years, including an optional full-time spring internship. Students may continue their studies in Calvin's Master of Accounting (MAcc) program to complete the educational requirements of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
CPA exam pass rate, vs. national average of 50%.
8th highest CPA exam pass rate among 281 medium-sized institutions nationwide.
highest CPA exam pass rate* out of 797 institutions of all sizes nationwide.
Data is from 2017 and drawn from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) Candidate Performance on the Uniform CPA Examination – University Edition
Accounting at Calvin
Calvin's accounting program provides excellent preparation to enter a field where strong analytical skills and ethics are essential to success. Program learning outcomes include:
- Develop and analyze financial statements to support business decisions
- Use and manage accounting and information systems to manage business performance
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles ethically as a faithful steward of resources
- Serve a variety of stakeholders with timely, accurate and useful accounting and financial information
- Start by discussing your vocational interests with an accounting faculty academic advisor
- Develop professional knowledge and skills through business and accounting courses
- Explore internships
Engage in experiential learning
- Participate in Calvin Action Projects (CAP) and work in a team to solve problems for area businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Consult for companies like Amway, Fifth Third Bank, Herman Miller, Steelcase, Stryker, and Wolverine World Wide
- Explore the world through an interim (January term) abroad
Connect with employers
- Interact with local, regional, and national employers
- Get to know our alumni network, which expands across the United States and throughout the world, including Africa and Asia
- Attend events like Accountants’ Night to identify and pursue jobs in accounting and finance
- Course code: