Master of Media and Strategic Communication
Advance your communication skills and your career options with a Master of Media and Strategic Communication from Calvin University.
Effective storytelling adapts to new media channels, social media platforms, and cultural shifts. With a master's degree from Calvin, you'll do much more than simply keep up with trends. You'll discover ways to create nuanced, powerful stories that resonate in audio, video, text, and more.
Your experience begins with a week-long course where you'll be introduced to the basics of media production. From there, you'll go on to build strategies for reaching your audience, employ them in crafting messages for different media platforms, and evaluate their effectiveness.
By completing this program, you'll boost your career options in advertising, journalism, public relations, social media, and more. You'll gain all the skills you need to communicate with power and integrity in an ever-changing digital world. You'll have a voice that commands attention and a message that's worth listening to.
Use your degree to thrive as a(n):
- Advertising executive/planner
- Advertising, promotions, and marketing manager
- Content manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Film and video editors and camera operator
- Multimedia journalist and more
- Public relations specialist
- Social media manager
Who can apply?
Students can apply after finishing a four-year degree at an accredited academic institution. You'll also need a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate education for admission.
We are excited to offer admission to our first cohort starting in the spring of 2021. The application will open mid-August!
At this time, we are unable to accept international students in the first cohort. Please contact us if this applies to you.
- Complete the online application
- Submit current resumé Include as part of online application, or after application submission from your application status page.
- Submit two professional recommendations Provide contact information for recommenders as part of online application. Recommenders will submit recommendations directly to Calvin.
- Optional: Submit a demo reel, portfolio, or work sample Include links or files as part of online application, or after application submission from your application status page.
- Submit the following additional deliverables by email, or mail to Calvin University admissions (see contact information below):
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Mail Calvin University Admissions, 3201 Burton St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
If you're not ready to apply, let us know you're interested and we'll keep you in the loop.
You're also encouraged to email us if you want to discuss this program further. We look forward to meeting you soon. Email email@example.com
You can afford a Calvin education.
You’ve heard a lot about the high cost of a university education. But a Calvin education is much more affordable than you think. Most Calvin students pay far below the sticker price—and graduate with less debt than you might expect.
A reputation for excellence.
There’s a reason Calvin gets top marks from U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and more. Calvin graduates are in demand at grad schools, med schools, and careers in every field.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.