Take a look at this webpage. Or find a t-shirt, book jacket, poster, or logo. Are your eyes drawn to it? Do the images, colors, and typography work together effectively? How can a simple font choice reinforce—or undermine—a message?
At Calvin, you’ll ask these kinds of questions in a small classroom setting, where your professors know you personally and give you individualized attention. You’ll work alongside classmates where you'll collaborate and learn from each other. You’ll learn why centuries-old typefaces are still relevant. You’ll draw connections between traditional letterpress materials and pixels on a screen.
You’ll do more than just make something look good. You’ll learn to solve design problems in the world, and that will open up a wide range of possibilities.
Publish your creations
Join our student literary magazine, Dialogue! You can submit your artwork, join a jury to curate submissions, or help design the layout of the publication.
Live your art
Travel abroad, create amazing designs, and plug into the local art scene with your fellow artists—all as part of the two-year Arts Collective program.
Family income distribution for students applying for financial aid.
You can afford a Calvin education.
You’ve heard a lot about the high cost of a university education. But a Calvin education is much more affordable than you think. Most Calvin students pay far below the sticker price—and graduate with less debt than you might expect.
A reputation for excellence.
There’s a reason Calvin gets top marks from U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and more. Calvin graduates are in demand at grad schools, med schools, and careers in every field.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Birth to Kindergarten
- Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- 3rd to 6th Grade
- Art: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- French: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Health & PE: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Spanish: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Special Education Pre-K to 12th Grade
- TESOL: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Secondary Education
- English: 5th to 9th Grade
- Math: 5th to 9th Grade
- Science: 5th to 9th Grade
- Social Studies: 5th to 9th Grade
- English: 7th to 12th Grade
- Math: 7th to 12th Grade
- Science: 7th to 12th Grade
- Social Studies: 7th to 12th Grade
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional Midwest universities.