In just one semester, discover what the Spanish culture really looks like, learn some Spanish slang, and meet some amazing people along the way. You don't have to be a Spanish major or minor to study abroad—Calvin's core semester in Spain is ideal for students of any discipline who wish to complete their foreign language core requirement.
Look at the schedule for when the programs will be offered in the next five years.
|Year||Fall||Interim||Interim + Spring|
|2019-2020||Peru (Adv.)||MEXICO||Spain (Adv.)|
|2020-2021||Peru (Adv.)||MEXICO||Spain (Core, Adv.)
|2021-2022||Peru (Adv.)||MEXICO||Spain (Adv.)|
|2022-2023||Peru (Adv.)||MEXICO||Spain (Core, Adv.)
|2023-2024||Peru (Adv.)||MEXICO||Spain (Adv.)|
Semester in Peru
- Spend a semester in Arequipa, Peru in this advanced Spanish language program. Each fall semester, you have the opportunity to study at the Universidad Católica San Pablo, live with a Peruvian family and take excursions to places like Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Semester in Honduras: Spanish Studies
- Don't just study Latin American culture—immerse yourself in it. In this semester program, you'll improve your language skills while also learning about the challenges facing one of the Western Hemisphere's poorest countries.
Semester in Spain
- Nestled in the mountains with the ocean just a half-hour away, Oviedo is a great place to study Spanish. In the language program, you'll spend interim and the spring semester living and studying in Spain. [Photo by Simon Post Class of 2021]
IDIS W11 Spain: Land of Three Cultures
- For over eight hundred years, Jews, Christians, and Muslims lived together in cities across the Iberian Peninsula. Cross-cultural interactions between people of these three faith traditions dramatically shaped the history of Spain. Using background reading and on-site explorations, this course focuses on religious confluences and conflicts, addressing how these encounters affected the production of art and architecture, as well as language and cuisine.
SPAN W80 Spanish in the Yucatan
- Students spend three weeks immersed in Mexican culture and the Spanish language in Merida, the capital of the state of Yucatan.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.