Discover what the Spanish culture really looks like, learn some Spanish slang, and meet some amazing people along the way—all in one semester. You don't even have to be a Spanish major or minor to study abroad—Calvin's core semester in Spain is ideal for students of any discipline who wish to complete their foreign language core requirement.
Look at the schedule for when the programs will be offered in the next five years.
|Year||Fall||Interim||Interim + Spring|
|2019-2020||PERU (adv)||MEXICO||SPAIN (adv)|
|2020-2021||PERU (adv)||MEXICO||SPAIN (core + adv)
|2021-2022||PERU (adv)||MEXICO||SPAIN (adv)|
|2022-2023||PERU (adv)||MEXICO||SPAIN (core + adv)
|2023-2024||PERU (adv)||MEXICO||SPAIN (adv)|
Semester in Peru
- Spend a semester in Arequipa, Peru in this advanced Spanish language program. Each fall semester, you have the opportunity to study at the Universidad Católica San Pablo, live with a Peruvian family and take excursions to places like Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Advanced Semester in Spain
- Nestled in the mountains with the ocean just a half-hour away, Oviedo is a great place to study Spanish. In the advanced language program, you'll spend interim and the spring semester living and studying in Spain.
Core/Intermediate Semester in Spain
- Nestled in the mountains with the ocean just a half-hour away, Oviedo is a great place to study Spanish. In this semester program you can fulfill your core foreign language requirement or do intermediate Spanish language study.
Semester in Honduras: Spanish Studies
- Don't just study Latin American culture—immerse yourself in it. In this semester program, you'll improve your language skills while also learning about the challenges facing one of the Western Hemisphere's poorest countries.
IDIS W11 Spain: Land of Three Cultures
- For over eight hundred years, Jews, Christians, and Muslims lived together in cities across the Iberian Peninsula. Cross-cultural interactions between people of these three faith traditions dramatically shaped the history of Spain. Using background reading and on-site explorations, this course focuses on religious confluences and conflicts, addressing how these encounters affected the production of art and architecture, as well as language and cuisine.
SPAN W80 Spanish in the Yucatan
- Students spend three weeks immersed in Mexican culture and the Spanish language in Merida, the capital of the state of Yucatan.