How to Double Major
Academics / Departments & Programs / Spanish / Academics / How to Double Major
A major in Spanish is an excellent complement to any of Calvin’s other majors. Spanish language skills may help you find employment in many disciplines.
Because the Spanish major requires a semester of study abroad, you will need to plan well to fit both Spanish and another major into four or five years of study. Fortunately, most students are also able to fulfill one or more core requirements during their Spanish semester abroad. Learn how one student combined her love of Spanish and her passion for nursing.
For example, due to the heavy course load of the nursing and speech pathology and audiology (SPAUD) students, those planning to double major in Spanish and either of these two programs, should:
- Begin planning how to complete the requirements BEFORE the start of freshman year.
- Meet with a Spanish advisor and map out a plan as early as possible.
Information sheet for SPAUD students
Information sheet for nursing students
To study Spanish with a nursing or SPAUD major, check out the following plans to see a suggested course schedule:
Take the next step:
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Apply to Calvin
It all starts here! We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. All completed applications receive equal consideration.Start your journey × CLOSE DRAWER
Find the visit option that works best for you and get a taste for life at Calvin!Browse Visit Options Launch the virtual tour × CLOSE DRAWER
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.
Costs & Financial Aid
Families from all economic backgrounds—many just like yours—are making Calvin work. Scholarships, grants and loans are the tools that make Calvin possible.Explore financial aid & Scholarships How much does Calvin cost? × CLOSE DRAWER