Calvin University, for many years, has encouraged and arranged research opportunities for its students.
Academic year research is an opportunity where Calvin's nursing research assistants work alongside faculty; whereas large institutions don't offer that opportunity to undergraduate students. Calvin's Women Supporting Women Initiative provided that opportunity. The article "What's It Like To Be A Research Assistant?" provides a wonderful look into what opportunities nursing students can do. Other nursing students research during the summer when students work with faculty and receive salary support in the form of summer research fellowships. For more information, consult the Science Division's Summer Research site.
McGregor Summer Research Student Fellowship Program
McGregor Fellows will earn a stipend of $3,300 for nine weeks of full-time work during the summer months. They will also partner with a faculty member, participate in a weekly colloquium with other McGregor Fellows, and present research results at a professional presentation determined by the faculty mentor and student fellow.
Women Supporting Women
Depression and anxiety are mental health issues that disproportionately affect urban, ethnically diverse, impoverished women—articularly when access to culturally sensitive care is limited. Researchers on the Women Supporting Women project designed an intervention study and observe its effectiveness in six different groups.
H.E.A.L.T.H. Camp is a summer day camp for girls age 9-15 that aims to help them learn about their health and explore jobs in the healthcare field. Calvin faculty and students interact with camp participants across a week of learning and discovery.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Birth to Kindergarten
- Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- 3rd to 6th Grade
- Art: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- French: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Health & PE: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Spanish: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Special Education Pre-K to 12th Grade
- TESOL: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Secondary Education
- English: 5th to 9th Grade
- Math: 5th to 9th Grade
- Science: 5th to 9th Grade
- Social Studies: 5th to 9th Grade
- English: 7th to 12th Grade
- Math: 7th to 12th Grade
- Science: 7th to 12th Grade
- Social Studies: 7th to 12th Grade
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional Midwest universities.