The Department of
Why pursue a BSN degree at Calvin?
As a nursing major at Calvin, you will have all the benefits of a fully accredited nursing program with a great reputation in the community.
Learn from amazing professors with decades of teaching and clinical experience. Work in the nursing simulation lab on high-fidelity mannequins “Susie” and “Hal” or engage with a live standardized patient. Benefit from Calvin’s connections to world-renowned hospitals like Mercy Health and Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
You will graduate with confidence in your ability to pass the NCLEX exam and go on to graduate school or a rewarding career in nursing in any setting.
There is more to our program than academic excellence and opportunities. At Calvin, you will be surrounded by people who understand that nursing is a calling to serve Christ and his kingdom. You will work to promote human health and dignity in every space. You will graduate ready to care for the community as a nurse who loves the Lord and loves people.
EXPLORE DEGREES IN Nursing
Bachelor's in Nursing
Excellence you can count on
Calvin’s nursing program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). You can be confident that the degree you’re earning will set you up for future success.
Find assistance and opportunity at Pine Rest
Our partnership with Pine Rest provides up to $10,000 in tuition assistance per semester for at least six undergraduate Calvin students.
Four years of growing
All nursing students serve in Grand Rapids’ culturally diverse neighborhoods through the community nursing program. You can also take your learning abroad in Nepal, Mexico, or China.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Birth to Kindergarten
- Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- 3rd to 6th Grade
- Art: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- French: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Health & PE: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Spanish: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Special Education Pre-K to 12th Grade
- TESOL: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Secondary Education
- English: 5th to 9th Grade
- Math: 5th to 9th Grade
- Science: 5th to 9th Grade
- Social Studies: 5th to 9th Grade
- English: 7th to 12th Grade
- Math: 7th to 12th Grade
- Science: 7th to 12th Grade
- Social Studies: 7th to 12th Grade
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional Midwest universities.