Calvin’s German department is committed to helping students see Christ’s work in His kingdom through a unique cultural lens. From beginner to advanced courses, your German studies will take you on an in-depth journey of the language and culture—with plenty of fun and community building along the way.
German Education Major
German Education Minor
German Studies MajorCalvin's German major (30-31 credit-hours) will help you develop both language and cultural proficiency through courses and numerous cultural engagement opportunities. Use this major to prepare for further study in graduate school, as a subject matter concentration for the teacher education program or as a complement to other majors and minors at Calvin, such as engineering, business, history and philosophy.
German Studies MinorCalvin's German Studies minor (18-19 credit hours) includes five electives, which may include the popular German Interim abroad.
German Placement Test link
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.