There are many ways to get involved in Calvin’s French community. From off-campus study abroad options to French-themed social activities, you can deepen your experience in the French program at Calvin.
- As a French major at Calvin, you have the opportunity to further your knowledge through off-campus studies. Enjoy France’s vibrant culture by taking semester-long courses abroad in the city of Grenoble.
- Learn more about ways to stay connected to French outside the classroom. Explore chapels, Pause Cafés, social events and more.
- Each year the department employs ten to fifteen students in paid positions such as peer tutors, conversation leaders and student office assistants. Students can also get involved through internships and faculty-led research fellowships.
- A significant part of studying French is learning to speak it—which is why Calvin is committed to giving you as many opportunities as possible to practice. As a French student at Calvin, you will attend regular conversation group sessions with an advanced student leader. Conversation groups are held on a weekly basis and are arranged in class.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.