As a French major at Calvin, you have the opportunity to further your knowledge through off-campus studies. Enjoy France’s vibrant culture by taking semester-long courses abroad in the city of Grenoble, or you can enjoy a shorter adventure with an interim abroad to Quebec or France.
Semester in France
- Everywhere you look, you'll see mountains: the Chartreuse range sits to the north and to the west towers the Vercors range; the Belledonne range fills in the view to the east. The Drac and Isère rivers intersect in the picturesque town of Grenoble, in a valley carved out by a glacier. Here, you will thrive as you deepen your understanding of the French language and culture.
France: May in France 2023
- Spend three and a half weeks exploring France and speaking French.
FREN W80 Interim in Haiti
- You'll spend two and a half weeks teaching French to the student orphans of EBAC Christian Academy and Orphanage in Morne Rouge, Haiti.
Immersion program in Canada
Explore is a five-week intensive language-learning course for Canadian citizens. The program is offered during the spring or summer. You may receive Calvin credit for completing this program. Learn more about this program at the Explore website.
Grenoble student blog
Future student blogs written during the Grenoble semester abroad will be posted here. Stay tuned for new information!
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.