Get students excited about words. Stir a passion for literature and writing. And discover what it feels like to be in front of a classroom—all well before your senior year.
At Calvin, you’ll have in-classroom teaching opportunities as early as your sophomore year of college. Choose from a wide range of school sizes and types in west Michigan. In a real classroom, you’ll learn to engage your students with challenging and inspiring writing.
At Calvin, you’ll gain both practical classroom management skills and literary insight from professors who are accomplished authors and educators. And you’ll be inspired by literary thinkers and writers at events like Calvin’s renowned Festival of Faith & Writing.
Calvin grads have a 93-percent pass rate on teacher certification tests—one of the highest rates in Michigan. By succeeding here, you’ll be equipped to help your own students succeed.
Family income distribution for students applying for financial aid.
You can afford a Calvin education.
You’ve heard a lot about the high cost of a university education. But a Calvin education is much more affordable than you think. Most Calvin students pay far below the sticker price—and graduate with less debt than you might expect.
A reputation for excellence.
There’s a reason Calvin gets top marks from U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and more. Calvin graduates are in demand at grad schools, med schools, and careers in every field.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Birth to Kindergarten
- Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- 3rd to 6th Grade
- Art: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- French: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Health & PE: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Spanish: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Special Education Pre-K to 12th Grade
- TESOL: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Secondary Education
- English: 5th to 9th Grade
- Math: 5th to 9th Grade
- Science: 5th to 9th Grade
- Social Studies: 5th to 9th Grade
- English: 7th to 12th Grade
- Math: 7th to 12th Grade
- Science: 7th to 12th Grade
- Social Studies: 7th to 12th Grade
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional Midwest universities.