Take your skills and knowledge abroad; engage in development and experience new cultures in international communities through service-related engineering design projects.
Engineering Summer Program in Germany
- Advance toward your engineering degree in four years while immersing yourself in the language, culture, and industry of Germany. At the renowned Technische Universität Berlin, you’ll experience the culture and language of modern Germany while earning course credit and cultivating the skills you need to participate in the global economy.
IDIS W40 China Business and Engineering
- China’s emerging economy has a large impact on today’s world, especially in business and engineering. During this interim students spend three weeks in China meeting with business and engineering professionals who are part of this reshaping of the global economy.
IDIS W42 In Search of Clean Water in Ethiopia
- We explore the country's complexities in the context of an increased population, climate change, land degradation, economic development, cultural change (including that by the Christian church) and the efforts of non-governmental agencies. The main portion of the course occurs in South Gondar.
IDIS W42 Engaging Development in Cambodia
- The goal of this class is to identify and understand the root causes of abject poverty in Cambodia and Thailand, then to participate with a wide variety of organizations supporting development activities.
IDIS W46 Business & Engineering in the Context of European Culture
- In today’s global economy, business practices, engineering design, product development, and product marketing must take the international market into account.
IDIS W26 South Korea: Business & Culture
- South Korea as an emerging and rapidly growing economy has a significant influence and impact on the global economy, church and society.
IDIS W45 Dutch Landscapes
- Few countries exist where human activities have exerted a greater influence in the shaping of the land than the Netherlands. With daily field excursions, students will learn about this country’s richly varied and historically layered cultural landscapes. Many of the excursions will focus on land reclamation, water management, and environmental preservation technologies which have been used over many centuries.