Take your skills and knowledge abroad; engage in development and experience new cultures in international communities through service-related design projects.
Summer in Germany
- Calvin’s engineering and German departments have collaborated creatively to provide a special sequence of language study and internships for engineering students. This exciting engineering department program provides students with an opportunity to study in Berlin, Germany for six weeks during the summer.
IDIS W40 Engaging Development in Cambodia
- Identify and understand the root causes of abject poverty in Cambodia, then visit and participate with a wide variety of organizations supporting development activities there.
IDIS W26 South Korea: Business & Culture
- South Korea as an emerging and rapidly growing economy has a significant influence and impact on the global economy, church and society.
IDIS W42 In Search of Clean Water in Ethiopia
- We explore the country's complexities in the context of an increased population, climate change, land degradation, economic development, cultural change (including that by the Christian church) and the efforts of non-governmental agencies. The main portion of the course occurs in South Gondar.
IDIS W41 In Search of Water in Ethiopia
- This course travels to Ethiopia. Water is our primary focus. We explore its complexities in the context of a increased population, climate change, land degradation, economic development, cultural change (including that by the Christian church) and the efforts of non-governmental agencies.
IDIS W10 South Korea: Business, Engineering and Culture
- South Korea is a rapidly growing economy that has a significant influence and impact on the global economy, church and society. It is important for Christians to understand God’s intended role for engineering and business in society.