Calvin's honors experience is comprised of two distinct programs: the Honors Scholars and Collegiate Scholars programs. You can learn more about these programs at the Honors website.
All new students looking to join the honors program should consult the information on the Honors site. Students who were enrolled in Calvin's honors program prior to 2018 may still fall within the legacy honors program and should refer to the requirements below. If in doubt about which set of honors requirements apply to you, consult with your academic advisor in the engineering department.
Honors requirements (applies only to legacy honors students)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Complete a total of six honors courses (18 hour minimum) overall, including:
- At least two honors courses outside of the major
- At least two honors courses in engineering with a minimum grade of A- (at least one of the courses needs to be a 300-level course)
- The following courses cannot be used to fulfill this requirement: ENGR 101, 181, 185, 285, 294, 337, 339, 340, 382, 385, 387, 390, and 394.
- Receive credit for ENGR 385: Engineering Internship or ENGR 387: International Engineering Internship
- Complete ENGR 339: Senior Design Project (fall) and ENGR 340: Senior Design Project (spring)
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.