Take part in a community of peers and professors, dedicated to the fields of Physics and Astronomy—beyond the classoom. Hang out with other students in the phys-astro common area. Join faculty and friends for social events throughout the year. Participate in activities sponsored by the Society of Physics Students. Contribute your own personality to shape this dynamic community! You’ll find that course work and research are even more rewarding when they can be shared with others.
- Student organization for students interested in astronomy.
- Get valuable job experience working as a lab assistant, observatory assistant or grader for introductory courses.
- Hang out with other physics and astronomy students in the department's common and work area, and join faculty and students for fun social events throughout the year.
- Attend weekly seminars with physics faculty and students to learn what's hot in physics beyond the classroom.
- Scientists never stop learning, and for most of their lives, their learning takes place outside of the classroom. That’s why we want physics and astronomy students to get a taste of research at a professional level. Consider joining one of our faculty research teams, or spend a summer off campus with one of the external partners in our scientific network.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.