There are many opportunities for you to engage with movement in the kinesiology department. Here are just a few opportunities to make your Calvin experience.
- Check out the long list of student organizations dedicated to different forms of physical recreation, creativity, and sports.
- Get real-world experience in a professional environment that will work hand-in-hand with your Calvin education to get you into graduate school or into your dream job.
- Spend January on an interim trip led by outdoor recreation. Whitewater kayak in Costa Rica, get certified as a wilderness first responder, bike along the southern coast of Australia, or canoe through the Everglades. This will be an experience you will never forget.
- The intramural program of Calvin campus recreation exists to offer Calvin University men and women free, competitive, and organized athletic leagues and tournaments. Get a few of your buddies together for a rousing game of beach volleyball, soccer, or ping-pong.
Outdoor recreation »
- Calvin outdoor recreation offers many opportunities for the wandering spirit, including beginning your Calvin career with a wilderness orientation course or getting your gym credit perfecting cycling, kayaking, snowboarding, fly fishing, or learning camping and hiking skills. Rent all the gear you and your friends need for a weekend in the Upper Peninsula in the fall, and for spring break, plan a trip out to the Grand Canyon and have Calvin pay for part of it with an adventure grant.
Group fitness »
- Join fun group fitness classes at Calvin priced for a college budget. Mix and match fitness classes with the Flex punch card or sign up for a season in a class once or twice a week.