There are many opportunities for you to engage with movement in the Kinesiology department, here are just a few opportunities to make your Calvin experience.
- Check out the long list of student organizations dedicated to different forms of physical recreation, creativity and sports.
- Get real-world experience in a professional environment that will work hand-in-hand with your Calvin education to get you into graduate school or into your dream job.
- Spend January on an interim trip led by outdoor recreation. Get wilderness first responder backcountry certified, whitewater kayak in Costa Rica, bike along the southern coast of Australia or canoe through the Everglades. This will be an experience you will never forget.
- The Intramural program of Calvin campus recreation exists to offer Calvin College men and women free, competitive and organized athletic leagues and tournaments. Get a few of your buddies together for a rousing game of beach volleyball, soccer or ping-pong.
Outdoor recreation »
- Calvin outdoor recreation offers many opportunities for the wandering spirit, including beginning your Calvin career with a wilderness orientation course or getting your gym credit perfecting cycling, kayaking, snowboarding, fly fishing or learning camping and hiking skills. Rent all the gear you and your friends need for a weekend in the UP in the fall, and for spring break plan a trip out to the Grand Canyon and have Calvin pay for part of it with an adventure grant.
Group fitness »
- Join fun group fitness classes at Calvin priced for a college budget. Mix and match fitness classes with the Flex punch card or sign up for a season in a class once or twice a week.