Off Campus Programs
Take part in one of Calvin's renowned off-campus programs, and see literature and language through new eyes. The semester programs below are some of those most commonly attended by English majors, and the New England Saints trip is run by the English department. For a full list, visit Off-Campus Programs ».
Semester in Ghana
- Find yourself standing in a crowd full of surprising contrasts: a young woman wearing traditional clothing is text-messaging a friend while a suited businessman walks by, carrying a traditional offering to a tribal chief. This is Ghana, where the country's diverse peoples and cultures are finding ways to coexist in a rapidly modernizing country.
Semester in Britain
- No matter what major you're pursuing—business, communication, education, English, film, history, information technology, sport and exercise, or religion—you'll find classes to take at Liverpool-Hope University.
IDIS W42 Theatre, Literary Arts and Culture in Edinburgh and London
- Edinburgh and London are important centers of theatre in the UK. On this interim, students will see a spectacular array of theatre performances from the Edinburgh, Stratford-Upon-Avon, and London.
ENGL W40 New England Saints
- In the mid-nineteenth century, a group of New England writers created a body of literature dealing with significant religious, philosophical, and artistic questions that challenged conventional understandings of their world.
ENGL W40 Dante, Florence and the Idea of Pilgrimage
- Even almost 700 years later, Dante’s Divine Comedy remains a central text for thinking through the Christian journey from sin through sanctification to salvation.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.