Take your skills and knowledge abroad; engage in development and experience new cultures in international communities through service-related design projects.
Summer in Germany
- Calvin’s engineering and German departments have collaborated creatively to provide a special sequence of language study and internships for engineering students. This exciting engineering department program provides students with an opportunity to study in Berlin, Germany for six weeks during the summer.
IDIS W40 Engaging Development in Cambodia
- Identify and understand the root causes of abject poverty in Cambodia, then visit and participate with a wide variety of organizations supporting development activities there.
IDIS W45 Dutch Landscapes
- Few countries exist where human activities have exerted a greater influence in the shaping of the land than the Netherlands. With daily field excursions, students will learn about this country’s richly varied and historically layered cultural landscapes. Many of the excursions will focus on land reclamation, water management, and environmental preservation technologies which have been used over many centuries. These technologies are each an important part of understanding the complex interrelationships between society, technology and land. Students will also learn about Dutch society and culture via readings, excursions and direct engagement with people of this country.
IDIS W42 In Search of Clean Water in Ethiopia
- We explore the country's complexities in the context of an increased population, climate change, land degradation, economic development, cultural change (including that by the Christian church) and the efforts of non-governmental agencies. The main portion of the course occurs in South Gondar.
IDIS W26 South Korea: Business & Culture
- South Korea as an emerging and rapidly growing economy has a significant influence and impact on the global economy, church and society.
IDIS W40 China Business and Engineering
- China’s emerging economy has a large impact on today’s world, especially in business and engineering. During this interim students spend three weeks in China meeting with business and engineering professionals who are part of this reshaping of the global economy.
IDIS W46 Business & Engineering in the Context of European Culture
- In today’s global economy, business practices, engineering design, product development, and product marketing must take the international market into account.