As a pre-professional health student, you can study abroad through a variety of programs, mix your interests, and see the many ways you could put your medical degree to work.
Experience medicine as mission in Nepal, or provide quality secondhand vision correction in Tijuana, Mexico. If your interests extend beyond medicine, you can still continue your coursework and meet graduation requirements while studying in fascinating locations all over the world. Here are just a few of the options (visit off-campus programs for a full list of opportunities). Please note that interim programs change every year and are offered during specific times of year. For all upcoming interim offerings, visit off-campus programs' Interim 2016 listings.
Semester in Ghana
- Find yourself standing in a crowd full of surprising contrasts: a young woman wearing traditional clothing is text-messaging a friend while a suited businessman walks by, carrying a traditional offering to a tribal chief. This is Ghana, where the country's diverse peoples and cultures are finding ways to coexist in a rapidly modernizing country.
Semester in Hungary
- Get to know a major European city better than you know your own neighborhood. A hub for food, politics, fine arts, and thermal baths, Budapest, Hungary offers the opportunity to learn alongside inspiring Hungarians who serve refugees, teach in schools, and advocate for positive social change.
Semester in Honduras: Spanish Studies
- Don't just study Latin American culture—immerse yourself in it. In this semester program, you'll improve your language skills while also learning about the challenges facing one of the Western Hemisphere's poorest countries.
IDIS W81 China: Medicine, Health Care & Culture
- The world's most populous country has a long, rich cultural tradition featuring unique views of life, persons, the human body, medicine, and nature. As China has sought to modernize over the last half century, some of its traditions and practices have persisted, while others have become westernized.
CHEM W10 Introduction to Medical Missions in Nepal [CLOSED]
- In this course premedical, dental and nursing students get exposed to third world medicine in both a secular and a mission context.
History of Science, Medicine and Religion: London
- Travel to the historically and culturally rich city of London to thoroughly explore the city while learning about the great scientists who pioneered scientific thought.