Wayne State Early Assurance
Academics / Departments & Programs / Pre-Professional Health / Getting into Professional School / Wayne State Early Assurance
Calvin pre-medicine students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate an active interest in and knowledge of medicine through:
- Participation in the Calvin University Pre-health Professionals student organization
- Obtaining direct experience with the delivery of health care through volunteering, employment and/or shadowing in medical/clinical settings
- Demonstrate commitment to the service of humanity through consistent community service activities.
- Maintain regular contact with the Calvin University premedical advisor during their time of study at Calvin University.
- Meet minimum academic standards of a 3.5 overall GPA, 3.5 science GPA, and a minimum 70th% MCAT composite score, (507-508) Note-you don’t have to take the MCAT prior to applying.
- Evidence leadership through participation in extra-curricular, academic, research, organizational, volunteer and/or employment activities.
- Complete an academic major of their choice.
- Demonstrate the professional behavior expectations of competence, honesty, compassion, respect for others and responsibility in their academic, clinical and volunteer experiences.
WHO WOULD GET PREFERENCE FOR ADMISSION?
- Students who are likely to practice in an underserved urban or rural location.
- Students who are first generation college students.
- Graduates from low income high schools.
- are eligible for need-based grants (ex. Pell grant)
- Graduates of an underserved (health professional shortage) urban or rural area
- Students who demonstrate interest in a high need medical specialty in a health professional shortage area. Internal medicine, primary care, pediatrics or obstetrics/gynecology. area (show evidence of this interest)
Preparing for Medical School - Admissions - Wayne State University
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING...
EAP applicants will be notified in May of their acceptance. There is no disadvantage to applying to the EAP. The student can even apply to Wayne State University with no prejudice from the unsuccessful EAP application.
Take the next step:
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Apply to Calvin
It all starts here! We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. All completed applications receive equal consideration.Start your journey × CLOSE DRAWER
Find the visit option that works best for you and get a taste for life at Calvin!Browse Visit Options Launch the virtual tour × CLOSE DRAWER
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.
Costs & Financial Aid
Families from all economic backgrounds—many just like yours—are making Calvin work. Scholarships, grants and loans are the tools that make Calvin possible.Explore financial aid & Scholarships How much does Calvin cost? × CLOSE DRAWER