After he had given his first planetarium to his nephew, Wildrik Botjes constructed another planetarium with some modifications and additions to his earlier design. Botjes' second planetarium is now on display at the Eise Eisinga Planetarium Museum in Franeker, Friesland, the Netherlands (about 60 miles west of Botjes' home).
Although long nonfunctional, this second planetarium was restored in 2012. See a YouTube video (in Dutch) describing the restoration. (Note the photo shown of Calvin's planetarium at 2:04.) Also see a webpage and a Facebook page about the restoration.
The premier display of the museum is the Eisinga planetarium, which was completed in 1781 and is the world's oldest working planetarium. (See also an independent website with a nice photo display of the Eisinga planetarium.) This planetarium may have played a part in Wildrik Botjes' decision to construct his planetariums.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.