Jazz Band is comprised of students from diverse areas of study, all of whom enjoy listening and performing within this unique musical tradition.
While most of the semester features music in a big band setting, students will also be able to learn about improvisation, jazz theory, and small jazz group style. Students will have the opportunity to perform on-campus, as well as at local jazz festivals and venues across the state. Each year, students from the jazz ensemble will record their work in a local studio to release as an album. Jazz Band membership is open to students in all class levels who meet the requirements of musicianship.
Jazz Band rehearses Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:30–3:45 p.m.
All interested students must complete an audition, click here for 2021 audition information. Scheduling is coordinated by the conductor at the beginning of each semester.
- Prepared excerpt (distributed in advance)
- Improvisation (optional)
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.