Jazz Band is comprised of students from diverse areas of study, all of whom enjoy listening and performing within this distinctive musical idiom.
While most music-making is done in a big band setting, there is considerable potential for inclusion of various combos as well. In addition to on-campus performances, Jazz Band also presents various concerts within the surrounding community.
Jazz Band membership is open to students in all class levels who meet the requirements of musicianship.
Jazz Band rehearses Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:30–3:45 p.m.
All interested students must complete an audition. Scheduling is coordinated by the conductor at the beginning of each semester.
- Assigned scales and/or techniques
- Prepared excerpt (distributed in advance)
- Improvisation (optional)
Associate Professor; Director of Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion Studies
(Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, Saxophone)
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #1 college in the Midwest.