Related Programs and Degrees
History at Calvin stretches beyond what you'll find in the history department. Dig into the many opportunities offered at Calvin dedicated to in-depth study of specific areas.
Related minors & academic programs
African & African Diaspora Studies Program
- The African & African Diaspora Studies (AADS) program offers an interdisciplinary minor, directed by history professor Eric Washington.
- The history department houses Calvin's archaeology program, which offers a minor in archaeology and is directed by archaeologist and history professor Darrell Rohls.
Asian Studies Program
- The David and Shirley Hubers Asian Studies program is offers a major and minor in Asian studies. Several courses in the major are taught in the history department. It is directed by Religion professor Won Lee.
Medieval Studies Program
- The medieval studies program offers an interdisciplinary minor and is directed by history professor Frans van Liere.
- Gender studies will provide you with essential knowledge and skills for navigating gender concerns in the contemporary world.
Related centers & programs
H. Henry Meeter Center for Calvin Studies
- Calvin hosts the H. Henry Meeter Center, North America’s premier research collection devoted to the writings of John Calvin and early Calvinists. Scholars from around the world use this collection, which includes many rare books and other primary sources, for research. The director of the Meeter Center is history professor Karin Maag.
The Mellema Program in Western American Studies
- Covering the western U.S., Canada, and Mexico, the Mellema program hosts annual lectures; provides grants for research and course development in history, literature, religion, and geology; and purchases library materials, including significant microform collections of primary sources. Calvin University’s library holds the largest collection of Western American studies material in Michigan. The Mellema Program also sponsors cultural events. The Mellema program is directed by history professor William Katerberg.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.