Calvin University's undergraduate education program has identified the following claims and cross-cutting themes to describe how our program prepares educators.
- Graduates are knowledgeable in the liberal arts and in the subject matter for which they are licensed.
- Graduates take into account the multiple factors that influence student learning.
- Graduates create and implement effective and appropriate lessons and assessments that are meaningful for all students.
- Graduates demonstrate professionalism and care for students.
- The Calvin University's Education Program addresses all five standards of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Graduates are prepared to teach diverse learners: English language learners, gifted students, students with learning disabilities, and students from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Graduates use appropriate technology in carrying out their professional responsibilities. Graduates guide students in their use of technology and integrate technology into instruction and assessment.
- Principled Perspective
Graduates can articulate how their principled perspective (faith, worldview) impacts the way they think about education and the way they teach and learn.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin's dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.