Academics / Departments & Programs / Communication / Student Experience
At Calvin, you will always be encouraged to take what you learn inside the classroom and apply it to the world around you every day. Enrich your education by designing sets for a musical, entering a campus film competition, running the school newspaper, or going to Washington D.C. to study great communicators in the center of American politics.
From over 70 student-led organizations to weekly campus events to service learning trips, there is always something to do on campus. Or, go even further—explore internship options in Grand Rapids or seek out new stories in countries around the globe. Whatever your interests and passions are, we want to help you pursue them in real and meaningful ways.
- An internship can give you the professional experience and refined skills you need to start your career. Work in your area of interest and learn from industry leaders, entrepeneurs, and creators who are changing the way people communicate.
- Get out of the classroom, make some personal projects, create something meaningful, work in a dynamic community, and, most of all, have some fun!
- Spending a semester, an interim, or even a spring break abroad will broaden your horizons, introduce you to new ways of thinking, and make your world just a little bit bigger.
- The Media Showcase is a biannual screening event for the presentation of student films—both collaborative class assignments and independent productions.
- It takes more than just actors to make a play. Calvin's theater productions require the combined skills of dozens of creative individuals all working towards a common goal.
60 Second Film Fest
- Tell a story in 60 seconds or less.
Take the next step:
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Apply to Calvin
It all starts here! We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. All completed applications receive equal consideration.Start your journey × CLOSE DRAWER
Find the visit option that works best for you and get a taste for life at Calvin!Browse Visit Options Launch the virtual tour × CLOSE DRAWER
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.
Costs & Financial Aid
Families from all economic backgrounds—many just like yours—are making Calvin work. Scholarships, grants and loans are the tools that make Calvin possible.Explore financial aid & Scholarships How much does Calvin cost? × CLOSE DRAWER