Meet Our Majors
Christian Rodriguez ('19)
- Christian Rodriguez graduated from Calvin University in 2019 with a double major in International Relations and Strategic Communication. His strong speaking and writing skills have led him to a Practice Assistant position at Jenner & Block LLP, and his studies have helped him to communicate effectively with the attorneys and clients in his work.
Rachel Woodward ('19)
- Rachel Woodward graduated from Calvin University in 2019 with a major in Strategic Communication. Her work as a Customer Service Representative at Baker Book House combines her love of books with her passion for helping others, and she is excited to see what the future holds.
Sara Joslyn ('19)
- Sara Joslyn graduated from Calvin University in 2019 with a major in Strategic Communication and a minor in Theatre. She balances her time as an Administrative Sales Associate at Leeco Steel and as the Stage Manager for the Wheaton Playhouse in Wheaton, Illinois.
Gina de Haan ('18)
- Gina de Haan graduated from Calvin University in 2018 with a major in Organizational Communication. In her role as part of the Public Relations team for the NCAA National Office, she blends her passion for sports with her skill in interpersonal communication.
Eric Heemstra ('18)
- Eric Heemstra graduated from Calvin University in 2018 with a major in Film and Media. His love of movies has led him to a Content Creator position at Alumilite Corporation, where he is able to combine his skills and passions in a variety of media.
Laurel Luke '18
- Laurel Luke double majored in Strategic Communication and Religion. She now works for the Coalition of Justice Voters, a non-partisan organization that seeks to reform the criminal justice system in Michigan. Here, Laurel utilizes all facets of her communication degree, and she knows that her Calvin education prepared her well.
Olivia Ritsema '18
- Currently working at Southwest Michigan First, Olivia Ritsema utilizes her Organizational Communication degree to advance leadership development. This economic development corporation focuses on the mission that “the greatest force for change is a job.” With a passion for economic and community development, Olivia is grateful to be using her communication skills for a company that does just that.
James Westenbroek '17
- James Westenbroek graduated from Calvin University in 2017 with a major in Strategic Communication and a minor in Studio Art. Moving from an intern to Proposal Specialist at Dematic Mobile Automation has helped James to see the business with a fresh perspective, and he continues to see real-world connections between his job and his time at Calvin.
Luke Harkema '17
- Meet Luke Harkema, '17, a strategic communication major who is pursuing his master's degree in Divinity at Western Theological Seminary. Luke is excited to use his communication skills in ministry.
Katie Sarb '18
- Katie Sarb's dream job turned into reality when the Grand Rapids Symphony offered her the position of Development Events Coordinator. Katie feels blessed to be able to blend her passion for music with what she learned from her Strategic Communication major and Business minor.
Anna Malchow '19
- Meet Anna, a recent Organizational Communication grad utilizing her skills internationally as the communication and marketing administrator at Wuhan Yangtze International School.
Reitsma Paul Mpindi '17
- After finishing his time at Calvin studying Organizational Communication and Business, Reitsma Paul Mpindi moved to Washington, D.C., to start a career in the field of public relations. Reitsma now works as a Staff Assistant for Javelin, a media agency in the literary arts field.
Brandon Schreur '18
- Meet Brandon Schreur, here pictured on his first day working for The Daily News, also known as The Stafford Daily Newspaper. A recent graduate with a double major in writing and film studies, Brandon blends these two passions as he covers various stories for The Stafford.
John DeVries '15
- Meet John DeVries, a theater and business double major, who took a step into the unknown when he accepted the position of Artistic Operations Intern at the Glimmerglass Festival in Cooperstown, NY, the second largest summer opera festival in the country.
Katie Ulrich '18
- On a year-long term with the program SALT (Serving & Learning Together), Strategic Communication graduate Katie Ulrich is working alongside the Association for a More Just Society (AJS) as a Research and Communications Fellow.
Jen-Lyn Sin '18
- Jen-Lyn Sin '18, who just graduated from Calvin with a double major in Organizational Communication and Business Marketing, speaks about the connections that Calvin provided for her in her new post-graduation life.
Nate Roels '17
- Nate Roels graduated in 2017 with a major in Film and Media and minors in Business and Spanish. As he manages his own business (Second Mile Video) and performs freelance work, Nate gets the opportunity to film and edit for a wide range of projects.
Tanesha Jordan '17
- Tanesha Jordan graduated in May of 2017 with a Strategic Communication major and Sociology minor. She has been able to see how these two programs of study complement each other in her work at T.E.A.M. 21, an after-school program in Wyoming, Michigan.
Holly DeJong '16
- Holly DeJong wasn’t sure exactly which direction to take her Strategic Communication degree. So she dove head first into networking with Calvin alumni in the Washington DC area and landed a job at PBS.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.
Loading...× CLOSE DRAWER