In addition to rigorous study, Calvin offers many opportunities for you to lead student organizations, explore religious centers around the world and gain professional research experience while you are still a student.
Research, Internships and Programs
- The McGregor Summer Research Fellowship » program pairs students in the humanities with professors to conduct scholarly research during the summer.
- The Jubilee Fellows » program accepts twelve juniors each year to explore Christian ministry through study, a summer-long internship and community service.
- Spend a semester or interim in Israel with Jerusalem University College
Semester in Britain
- No matter what major you're pursuing—business, communications, education, English, film, history, information technology, sport and exercise, or religion—you'll find classes to take at York St. John University.
IDIS W27 Interfaith Relations in Oman
- People who identify as Christians, Muslims, and Hindus make up about 71 percent of the world’s population, yet even in today’s age of global connectedness, misunderstandings between these religious communities abound.
IDIS W28: Christianity and Development in West Africa
- This multidisciplinary interim class will be taught in partnership with Akrofi Christaller Institute located in Akropong, Ghana. The course will expose students to the richness of Ghanaian history, culture (ancient kingdoms, early independence, vibrant ethnic tapestry), and, in particular, religion.
ENGL W40 Dante, Florence and the Idea of Pilgrimage
- Even almost 700 years later, Dante’s Divine Comedy remains a central text for thinking through the Christian journey from sin through sanctification to salvation.
IDIS W43 "Tibet: In Search of the Land of Snows"
- Tibet has been long enshrined in the Western imagination as “Shangri-la,” a peaceful, spiritual utopia preserved in its remote Himalayan sanctuary.
IDIS W44 History, Culture and Art of Ancient and Medieval Greece
- This course offers a study-tour of major urban centers of Greece with a special emphasis on history, culture and art, as well as related aspects of early Christian culture.
REL W40 Israel: Land of the Bible.
- Based in Israel at Jerusalem University College, this course studies the geographical and historical settings of the Bible.
- The Theology Forum provides a place for students to engage in thoughtful exchange, address contemporary and historic issues in the church with peers.
Science and Religion Forum (SCAR)
- Science and Religion Forum (SCAR) is a student-led organization founded and supported by the Templeton Foundation, which intends to cultivate members of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), such as Calvin University, to be places of academic inquiry regarding thinking critically about the ramifications of the interactions between Science and Religion.