Your study of religion at Calvin will help you engage the modern and post-modern world thoughtfully and actively.
Why study religion?
Religion courses, taught in the tradition of the liberal arts, allow you to develop a number of skills that will make you a fruitful and versatile professional when you enter the workforce.
- Perceptive reading
- Critical thinking
- Expressive writing
- Thoughtful communication of ideas
As you discuss issues of faith in your other courses—in biology, English, sociology, engineering and even mathematics—you will find yourself well-prepared to contribute theological insights to the discussion. The study of religion can also equip you to be contributing member of society and a strong leader in the church.
Supportive, engaging and encouraging faculty
The religion classroom at Calvin offers a place to learn, discuss and reflect as you seek to better understand God, humanity and the world. We strive to take your tough questions seriously and help you think deeper and more broadly to find their answers
We are here to help you to develop a theological worldview sophisticated enough to serve you far outside the classroom, and well past graduation, and to set you up for a lifelong pursuit of religious knowledge.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.