Meet Our Majors
Ever wondered what it's like to be a music student at Calvin? Each month, the music program features one of its up-and-coming students. Click below to learn more about them.
- "Calvin offered me the opportunity to study music in depth and explore other fields in which music is involved."
- "Calvin has allowed me to use my gifts in so many different capacities and all of those have been so fulfilling both emotionally and spiritually."
Ruth Vanden Bos
- "My love for orchestra and chamber music led me to major in violin performance at Calvin. Here, I found colleagues who are as excited about learning and performing music as I am, and we have great fun being nerdy together!"
- "Being able to grow and develop in a loving Christian community was something I really desired, and I think that my decision to come to Calvin ended up being one of the best decisions I have ever made."
- "...no matter your professional calling, Christ claims all the world as His and calls us to take part in His redemptive work in the world."
- Kaylee Borst, a senior majoring in music education, is pursuing a career as a K-8 music teacher.
- "At Calvin, I knew I would be able to double major as well as have lots of growth musically, and it was an easy decision to follow my sisters' footsteps."
- "I think one of the most fulfilling aspects of being a music major is the continual process of growing that takes place within yourself and among your peers."
- "I think the best thing about being a music major is the idea that, together, we are a community who supports one another."
- "I love being a music major because every day I am surrounded by faculty and peers who are passionate about music and serving Christ through it."
- "Seeing each other grow through every semester, plus quartet-bonding-time outside of rehearsal, gives more meaning to our music-making."
- "Calvin has been a place where I find opportunities and challenges to train and equip me to be thoughtful about whatever I do in life."
- "I seek to rest in the promise that God is shaping me here at Calvin for his work and worship in the world, whatever that may look like."
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.