Adjunct Instructor: Kinesiology Department
Education and Experience
A master’s degree or above in kinesiology or a related field is preferred, although applicants with five or more years of experience in women’s self-defense will also be considered. All applicants must demonstrate the ability to teach effectively using a variety of methods and instructional technology as required.
Faith and Educational Commitment
- Commitment to the educational mission of Calvin as a Christian liberal arts institution affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church.
- A commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith, learning, and student development.
Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, physical limitations, class, and religious perspectives.
To apply, visit employment.calvin.edu. Each applicant should submit with the online application, a CV detailing teaching experience and a letter addressing interest in teaching at a Christian institution. Additional information, including official academic transcripts, will be requested of all candidates progressing to the interview process. Review of applications will begin July 7 and continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to the chair of the kinesiology department, Jerry Bergsma (616-526-7026, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Calvin is building a tradition of diversity and accessibility and welcomes applications from persons whose personal characteristics will further that commitment. Calvin does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, or age. For further specifics please see calvin.edu/go/facultyopenings.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.