Meet Our Majors
Katie Ulrich ('18)
- On a year-long term with the program SALT (Serving & Learning Together), Strategic Communication graduate Katie Ulrich is working alongside the Association for a More Just Society (AJS) as a Research and Communications Fellow.
Brandon Schreur ('18)
- Meet Brandon Schreur, here pictured on his first day working for The Daily News, also known as The Stafford Daily Newspaper. A recent graduate with a double major in writing and film studies, Brandon blends these two passions as he covers various stories for The Stafford.
Jen-Lyn Sin ('18)
- Jen-Lyn Sin ('18), who just graduated from Calvin with a double major in Organizational Communication and Business Marketing, speaks about the connections that Calvin provided for her in her new post-graduation life.
Nate Roels ('17)
- Nate Roels graduated in 2017 with a major in Film and Media and minors in Business and Spanish. As he manages his own business (Second Mile Video) and performs freelance work, Nate gets the opportunity to film and edit for a wide range of projects.
Tanesha Jordan ('17)
- Tanesha Jordan graduated in May of 2017 with a Strategic Communication major and Sociology minor. She has been able to see how these two programs of study complement each other in her work at T.E.A.M. 21, an after-school program in Wyoming, Michigan.
Reitsma Paul Mpindi ('17)
- After finishing his time at Calvin studying Organizational Communication and Business, Reitsma Paul Mpindi moved to Washington, District of Columbia to start a career in the field of public relations. Reitsma now works as a Staff Assistant for Javelin, a media agency in the literary arts field.
Holly DeJong ('16)
- Holly DeJong wasn’t sure exactly which direction to take her Strategic Communication degree. So she dove head first into networking with Calvin alumni in the Washington DC area and landed a job at PBS.
John Devries ('15)
- Meet Jon DeVries, a theater and business double major, who took a step into the unknown when he accepted the position of Artistic Operations Intern at the Glimmerglass Festival in Cooperstown, NY, the second largest summer opera festival in the country.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin's dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.