Bring deeper harmony into life and work in God’s creation
A new opportunity for students who join Calvin in the fall of 2023.
Climate change, biodiversity, energy, and the circular economy are some of the biggest challenges facing your generation. There's only one way to confront these challenges: together.
As a Sustainability Fellow, you’ll join a community of students and faculty committed to sustainability in our policies, infrastructure, and behaviors.
You’ll deepen your understanding of the challenges—but you’ll also focus on solutions. You’ll find them through collaborative work in fields like business, environmental studies, education, and philosophy. Along with fellow students from many different backgrounds and majors, you’ll work on projects with tangible impact. You’ll gather at Sustainability Action Workshops and take a spring break trip. You’ll plug into Calvin’s existing sustainability efforts—restoring the Plaster Creek Watershed, or bringing water to an disadvantaged community through the Clean Water Institute.
The Sustainability Fellows cohort provides an instant social group as you acclimate to campus, but it’s far more than that. You’ll grow in the classroom, connect with passionate faculty, prepare for a career in any field—and bring renewal to the world around you.
Students who start at Calvin in the fall of 2023 semester may apply to join this cohort. Applications to join the Sustainability Fellows will be open until December 15, 2022.
What you’ll experience in this cohort
More About the Sustainability Fellows
Step 1: Apply and be admitted to Calvin! The Calvin application opens August 1, 2022.
Step 2: Once admitted, complete the Calvin Cohorts Application by December 15, 2022.
Step 3: If invited, attend a Calvin Cohorts Preview & Interview Day in February.
Note: If you are starting Calvin after 2023, please send us your information (use form at bottom of page) and we'll invite you to apply when the application is open to you!
Calvin University is home to many projects dedicated to sustainability. As a Sustainability Fellow, you’ll have the opportunity to get directly evolved with programs like these and more. Our ongoing work includes:
- The collaboration between engineering students and Habitat for Humanity
- The Plaster Creek Stewards program, focused on the restoration of a local watershed
- The Clean Water Institute, bringing clean water to threatened communities around the world
- An opportunity to join a living-learning community in the dorms focused around Outdoor Recreation and Creation Care
- Our Statement on Sustainability
- The Sustainability at Calvin website, with details on these and more sustainability efforts in our community
Family income distribution for students applying for financial aid.
You can afford a Calvin education.
You’ve heard a lot about the high cost of a university education. But a Calvin education is much more affordable than you think. Most Calvin students pay far below the sticker price—and graduate with less debt than you might expect.
A reputation for excellence.
There’s a reason Calvin gets top marks from U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and more. Calvin graduates are in demand at grad schools, med schools, and careers in every field.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.