Off-campus Summer Research
Take advantage of the many research opportunities that come to Calvin from other universities and research institutions.
And don't forget to sign up for our nationally ranked off-campus programs to explore the world and complete your core requirements at the same time.
Applying for summer
Off-campus REU opportunities begin each December when we receive numerous announcements from universities and research institutions about summer research experiences.
It's possible to earn credit, either elective or toward your BS in chemistry or biochem requirements during your summer REU. Professor Mark Muyskens, internship director, will help you formalize the requirements for earning credit from Calvin once you have been accepted for an REU.
What to do
- Apply to REUs as they are announced.
- Search the web for internships at institutions where you might like to work.
- Contact people you know that work in research labs or companies.
- Apply to numerous programs to increase your chances of acceptance.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.