Discover people, places and cultures on one of Calvin's world-class off-campus programs. Study abroad and see just how big, or small, the world really is.
Calvin wants you to engage with the world firsthand, and our semester programs are designed to make taking that next step as simple as possible. Who says that three months in Hungary can't fit into your schedule, or that you can't afford to see the Great Wall of China? Transferable course credits, comparative tuition costs, and a variety of education tracks for different majors make our off-campus semester programs an easy way to make the most out of your four years.
Semester in Britain
- No matter what major you're pursuing—business, communication, education, English, film, history, information technology, sport and exercise, or religion—you'll find classes to take at Liverpool-Hope University.
Semester in China
- For years, China was shrouded in mystery to westerners, but now this 1.3 billion person nation has opened itself up to the outside world. Spend a semester alongside expert professors and curious peers studying all things Chinese, both traditional and modern.
Semester in France
- Everywhere you look, you'll see mountains: the Chartreuse range sits to the north and to the west towers the Vercors range; the Belledonne range fills in the view to the east. The Drac and Isère rivers intersect in the picturesque town of Grenoble, in a valley carved out by a glacier. Here, you will thrive as you deepen your understanding of the French language and culture.
Semester in Ghana
- Find yourself standing in a crowd full of surprising contrasts: a young woman wearing traditional clothing is text-messaging a friend while a suited businessman walks by, carrying a traditional offering to a tribal chief. This is Ghana, where the country's diverse peoples and cultures are finding ways to coexist in a rapidly modernizing country.
Semester in Honduras: Justice Studies
- Learn about justice issues in Tegucigalpa by studying abroad in one of two Calvin semester programs in Honduras. Whether through an interview with a worker in a garment factory or a lecture from one of Honduras' top politicians, this semester will open your eyes to a new way of thinking about justice: as something that's possible.
Semester in Honduras: Spanish Studies
- Don't just study Latin American culture—immerse yourself in it. In this semester program, you'll improve your language skills while also learning about the challenges facing one of the Western Hemisphere's poorest countries.
Semester in Hungary
- Get to know a major European city better than you know your own neighborhood. A hub for food, politics, fine arts, and thermal baths, Budapest, Hungary offers the opportunity to learn alongside inspiring Hungarians who serve refugees, teach in schools, and advocate for positive social change.
Semester in Peru
- Spend a semester in Arequipa, Peru in this advanced Spanish language program. Each fall semester, you have the opportunity to study at the Universidad Católica San Pablo, live with a Peruvian family and take excursions to places like Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Semester in Spain
- Nestled in the mountains with the ocean just a half-hour away, Oviedo is a great place to study Spanish. In the language program, you'll spend interim and the spring semester living and studying in Spain. [Photo by Simon Post Class of 2021]
The Henry Semester in Washington, D.C.
- In Washington, D.C. you'll gain a real-world perspective on the ideas you've learned in the classroom at Calvin. Political science major or not, you can work with Career Development to find a place to gain valuable experience in your field of study. And all this with the nation's capital as the backdrop. You might work at CNN, the Canadian Embassy, the Department of Transportation, Amnesty International or even the White House—the possibilities are endless.