Ready to apply for a Calvin semester off-campus program? Complete the checklist below.
This checklist is for Calvin semester programs. For semester programs run by Calvin partner organizations, see the non-Calvin partner program checklist.
1. Review the currently-offered semester programs
Review the list of active Calvin semester off-campus programs, noting your desired program's cost, location, travel information, and other important details.
2. Confirm your eligibility
To participate in a semester off-campus program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have sophomore status or higher
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Have a clear student conduct record
- Be up-to-date with all your vaccinations, including the COVID vaccine
Note: Make sure you have a passport valid for at least six months beyond the return date of your program. If you need a new passport or other passport services, visit the U.S. Department of State website.
3. Note the deadlines
Give yourself plenty of time before the program application deadline. The application process is all online, but it takes time for final approval since approvals are required from various departments across campus.
- Spring semester programs—October 1 of the preceding year
- Fall semester programs—Friday before spring break of preceding academic year
- Washington DC spring program—spring of the preceding year
Note that individual semester programs may have modified or additional deadlines to be aware of. Consult the program descriptions for any additional details specific to the program you're applying to join.
4. Complete the application process
Apply for a semester program at the Calvin University Horizons site.