- Event catering
Calvin Catering, a division of Calvin Dining Services, delivers exceptional service and food for your events. Whether your function is a breakfast for ten people or a dinner for five hundred, Calvin Catering will provide delectable food with meticulous attention to detail and impeccable service. Formal or informal, we'll help you create an exceptional event.
Please read through our menu options, planning and policies below before you submit your order.Students, to order a sack lunch please visit the Uppercrust page found on the Places to Eat tab above.Catering Menu 18/19 Catering order form
Event with 50 or more
Plan and confirm at least three weeks prior to your event
Plan and confirm at least one week prior to event
Events scheduled for legal holidays or college breaks require advance coordination and approval with the catering manager.
Before contacting our catering manager, room reservations must be made through the office of conference events at 526-6280. Special items such as podiums, microphones, tables, etc. should be discussed at this time. Calvin Catering provides buffet tables only.
Calvin catering policies
Calvin Catering has exclusive rights for all food service functions held on campus.
- No food or beverage may be brought on campus by outside caterers.
- For health and safety reasons, no food or beverage may be removed from a facility where a catered event is held.
- All leftover food items are the property of Calvin Catering.
- All equipment sent out with orders must be returned by noon the following day.
- The sponsoring organization will be held responsible for the items’ return and condition.
- All events for up to 50 guests should be planned and confirmed with the catering office at least three weeks prior to the event.
- Arrangements for small coffee service should be made at least one week prior to the event.
- Events arranged within five working days may have limited menu options.
- Events scheduled for legal holidays or college breaks require advance coordination and approval with the Catering Manager.
- Calvin Catering handles all food services for all locations on campus except The Prince Conference Center. Reservations may be made for the Prince Conference Center by calling 526-7200.
Final guest guarantees
A final guest guarantee count is required seven (7) business days prior to your event. If no guarantee count is received, we will plan accordingly to the estimated guest count. If the actual guest count exceeds the guaranteed count, you will be billed for the actual count. Changes will not be accepted after three days prior to event.
All cancellations must be made five (5) business days prior to the event. Events cancelled with less than the required notice may be subject to costs incurred. Please notify both the office of conference events and catering manager of cancelled events.
Please be assured that Calvin Catering is committed to upholding our sustainability mission in practicing recycling efforts and offering environmentally friendly products.
Planning a retreat? Please contact Elizabeth Hooten at Knollcrest Dining Hall at email@example.com with any retreat or group orders. Calvin Dining Services can provide food for your retreat whether it's a breakfast for 5 people or a residence hall cookout for 250. Our retreat service provides the food, for an additional charge you may also order linens, utensils, plates etc.Retreats Guide
7 days ahead
Plan and confirm at least seven days prior to your event
2 days ahead
Submit the names of the students and their student ID numbers (if meals are being charged to students' meal plans).
All orders must be picked up from Knollcrest Dining Hall by 6:00 p.m. Monday–Saturday. Knollcrest is closed on Sundays.
Please read through our menu options, planning and policies below before you submit your order
The following are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your retreat dining with us:
We’re not a grocery store!
Knollcrest may only supply items that are already in stock and available for use. We may not be able to fulfill small measurements of items. Special ingredients for recipies that you want to make on your own may require you to go the the local grocery store.
We may be unable to supply orders without a minimum quantity or price. A service charge may be applied if the criteria is not met.
Any equipment or utensils that are borrowed will require a $25 deposit.
Athlete sack lunches
We provide sack lunches for sports teams who will miss a meal due to a tournament or a game. Please have the coach or one member of the team place the order for the entire team.
If a dorm or a floor needs sack lunches for an outing, the sack lunches need to be requested like a retreat. Please do not have each resident ask to have their own sack lunch made up.
All equipment must be returned to Knollcrest Dining Hall within 24 hours.