After your Online Orientation, you’ll have a plan for your first semester.
Small Group Online Orientation
You’ll start with an orientation program you can experience from home—a two-hour Zoom meeting with other students! Sessions are available from May 27 to July 10, and all incoming students are required to attend one.
At the end of June, you’ll receive a video link in your email that will give you an introduction to academics at Calvin and prepare you for advising. If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to complete your 3-Minute Questionnaire so we can make the best match between you and an advisor. The deadline for this is June 15.
Your academic advisor will reach out to you to set up an individual appointment. In that appointment, you’ll plan your first semester classes.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to complete your Academic 3-Minute Questionnaire so we can make the best match between you and an advisor.
On-campus Welcome Week is planned for August 28–31.
- Move-in day is August 27 if you are a residential student.
- International students must also sign up for an Online Orientation but are free to move in on August 22, between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m., in anticipation for the next day's International Orientation.
- A $175 orientation fee will be charged to your student account. This fee covers all of the orientation expenses for the fall of 2020, including Online Orientation and Welcome Week (on-campus, if possible).
- This cost is reduced from previous years, when on-campus orientations are held.
- What to expect from Online Orientation
- Get introduced to Calvin’s purpose, people, and programs.
- Help ensure your smooth transition to university life.
- Prepare academically for your years at Calvin.
- Academic advising so you can plan your fall schedule.
- Make sure to visit the First Year Academic Guide to learn more about course registration, advising, placement tests, and more.
- Living in the residence halls or off-campus.
- Calvin’s core curriculum, your major, and academics.
- The transition to college.
Helpful post-Orientation documents
Still have a question? Need to make a change?
We’re here to help! Please email us to set up a time to talk.