After your Online Orientation, you’ll have a plan for your first semester.
Small Group Online Orientation
You’ll start with an on-line orientation program you can experience from home—a two-hour Zoom meeting with other students! Daytime and afternoon sessions are available in June and July 2023 (dates pending); all incoming students can choose between an on-campus or online orientation program.
At the end of June, you’ll receive a video link in your email that will give you an introduction to academics at Calvin and prepare you for advising.
In July, your academic advisor will reach out to you to set up an individual appointment. In that appointment, you’ll plan your first semester classes.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to complete your Academic 3-Minute Questionnaire so we can make the best match between you and an advisor.
On-campus Welcome Week is planned for August 24–27.
- If you are a residential student, Move-In Day is:
- August 16: Athletes
- August 21: International students
- August 22: IMPACT students
- August 24: Everyone else (10 a.m.–3 p.m)
- A $250 orientation fee will be charged to your student account. This fee covers orientation and Welcome Week expenses for the fall of 2022.
- What to expect from Online Orientation
- Get introduced to Calvin’s purpose, people, and programs.
- Help ensure your smooth transition to university life.
- Prepare academically for your years at Calvin.
- Academic advising so you can plan your fall schedule.
- Living in the residence halls or off-campus.
- Calvin’s core curriculum, your major, and academics.
- The transition to college.
Helpful post-Orientation documents
Still have a question? Need to make a change?
We’re here to help! Please email us to set up a time to talk.