We will have an opportunity for students and their family members to attend one of three on-campus orientation programs.
- Wednesday, April 14 (9 a.m.–9 p.m.) - No overnight stay available
- Friday, May 21 (9 am a.m.–6:30 p.m.) - Overnight stay available 5/20 and/or 5/21
- Monday, June 7 (9 a.m.–6:30 p.m.) - Overnight stay available 6/6 and/or 6/7
- Friday, June 18 (9 a.m.–6:30 p.m.) - Overnight stay available 6/17 and/or 6/18
These sessions will focus on the transition from high school to university. You will be able to attend workshops, have a chance to meet other new students, and familiarize yourself with the general layout of Calvin's campus.
Your advising will be online this year.
At the end of June, you’ll receive a video link in your email that will give you an introduction to academics at Calvin and prepare you for advising. If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to complete your 3-Minute Questionnaire so we can make the best match between you and an advisor.
In July, your academic advisor will reach out to you to set up an individual appointment. At that appointment, you’ll plan your first semester classes.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to complete your Academic 3-Minute Questionnaire so we can make the best match between you and an advisor.
On-campus Welcome Week is planned for August 26–29.
- Move-in day is August 25–26 if you are a residential student.
- A $250 orientation fee will be charged to your student account. This fee covers orientation and Welcome Week expenses
- What to expect from On-campus Orientation
- Get introduced to Calvin’s purpose, people, and programs.
- Help ensure your smooth transition to university life.
- Prepare academically for your years at Calvin.
- Academic advising so you can plan your fall schedule.
Make sure to visit the First Year Academic Guide to learn more about course registration, advising, placement tests, and more.
- Living in the residence halls or off-campus.
- Calvin’s core curriculum, your major, and academics.
- The transition to college.
Helpful post-Orientation documents
Still have a question? Need to make a change?
We’re here to help! Please email us to set up a time to talk.