Below are full instructions for how to apply for a small grant. All application documents must be uploaded in PDF format.
1. Meet with Dean for Faculty Development and Research Initiatives
Faculty intending to apply for a grant should speak with David Wunder before submitting an application no later than April 14, 2023.
The deadline for submission of the Small Grants proposals is April 21, 2023. Funds will be available beginning July 1.
2. Chair Endorsement Form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the Chair Endorsement Form is submitted by his or her department chair (or, in special circumstances, the academic dean) by April 21, 2023.
3. Project proposal
The project proposal should describe the project in 500–800 words for non-specialists, including relation to the purposes and goals of the CCCS, significance and timeliness of the project, and the potential impact of the project for specific audiences. Please submit this proposal in PDF format.
4. Additional information needed?
- A brief explanation of the cross-disciplinary nature of the project, if applying for an initial grant
- Publication date and venue, if applying for a concluding grant
- Timeline for the project in PDF format
- Budget for the project in PDF format
5. Curriculum vitae for all participants
Please include a CV for all participants in one PDF file. If you need help, contact Margie Styf, CCCS Administrative Assistant, or (616) 526-6555.
6. Grant Application
Complete the online application, uploading all documents in PDF format, by April 21, 2023.
Concluding Report and Responsibilities
Each funded Small Grant must complete a report at the conclusion of the funding period. All products that result from the CCCS Small Grant should acknowledge the support of the Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship for the project.
- Phone: 616-526-6555
- Spoelhof Center 223