Below are full instructions for how to apply for a small grant. All application documents must be uploaded in PDF format.
1. Meet with the Dean for Faculty Development and Research Initiatives by May 13.
The deadline for submission of the Small Grants proposals is May 27, 2022. Funds will be available beginning July 1. Faculty intending to apply for a grant should speak with David Wunder before submitting an application and no later than May 13, 2022.
2. Departmental Chair Reference Form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the Online Chair Endorsement Form is submitted by his or her department chair (or, in special circumstances, the academic dean) by May 27, 2022.
3. 500-800 Word Project Proposal in PDF Format
The project proposal should describe the project, for non-specialists, including relation to the purposes and goals of the CCCS, significance and timeliness of the project, and the potential impact of the project for specific audiences.
4. Additional Information
- A brief explanation of the cross-disciplinary nature of the project, if applying for an initial grant
- Publication date and venue, if applying for a concluding grant
- Timeline for the project in PDF format
- Budget for the project in PDF format
5. Curriculum Vitae for all Participants in PDF Format
Please include all CVs in one PDF file. If you need help contact Margie Styf, CCCS Administrative Assistant, or (616) 526-6555.
6. Complete Online Application
Complete the online application, uploading all documents in PDF format by May 27, 2022.
Concluding Report and Responsibilities
Each funded Small Grant must complete a report at the conclusion of the funding period. All products that result from the CCCS Small Grant should acknowledge the support of the Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship for the project.