- Saturday, October 5, 2019
- 1:00 PM–3:00 PM
- Venema Gardens Plaza
The Homecoming & Family Weekend open house is a wonderful time for students and families, alumni and their children or grandchildren, and community guests to get their first look at the remodeled gateway to the Ecosystem Preserve: the Venema Plaza & Gardens and the Bunker Interpretive Center.
- Chat with Preserve staff about the new native plants and demonstration garden plots
- Peek inside the Glasshouse and Gardener's Cottage
- Play lawn games with your friends or family
- Enjoy apple cider and mix-your-own trail mix snacks
- Take a family picture with beautiful fall foliage as your backdrop
- Relax under the arbor by South Pond
- Wander on a photo scavenger hunt and win prizes
- Photograph fall-blooming wildflowers
- Pick up a trail map to walk the trails
Learn more about the Venema Gardens which opened in May 2019.
Note: The open house will run from 1–3 p.m., and the Bunker Interpretive Center will be open only during that time. However, the Ecosystem Preserve trails are open to visitors from 7 a.m. to dusk each day and restrooms in the BIC vestibule are accessible during those hours, so families can walk the trails throughout the weekend!