Plan your visit
See our trail map.
1750 East Beltline Ave. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546-5649
Phone: (616) 526-7600
Cars may park in the cul-de-sac parking lot at the main entrance to the preserve as well as the designated Ecosystem Preserve spaces immediately north of our parking lot.
Walking trails are open to the public everyday from 7 a.m. until dusk.
Bunker Interpretive Center (BIC) hours
Monday–Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and holidays (Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas break, New Year's Eve and Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, and Independence Day)
Restrooms in the BIC vestibule are available everyday from 7 a.m. until dusk.
The public is welcome to explore the preserve and Bunker Interpretive Center for free.
We are pleased to provide our quality educational programs to the community for free or at reasonable rates.
Please walk only on designated trails, and leave everything as you found it (collecting is not allowed). No pets, large groups, loud activities, running, biking, skiing, snow-shoeing, ice skating, fishing, or smoking.
What to see
A note to organizations/child care centers that would like to bring a group of more than 12 people to the Preserve
We do our best to accommodate a variety of groups and programs at the Preserve, but are limited by these guidelines:
- Our primary mission is to preserve habitats, plants and animals indigenous to West Michigan. Therefore, a policy is in place to limit the number of Preserve visitors per day, trails are for walking (the preserve is not a sporting area), and picnicking is not permitted.
- The Preserve is used for many different purposes at various times of the week (particularly for camps during the summer), therefore, we schedule its usage to avoid overlapping large group visits.
While exploring the preserve, please be mindful of our public use policies:
- Guests must stay on trails and out of water bodies.
- Trails are for hikers only. No running, biking, cross-country skiing or motorized vehicles.
- Dogs are not welcome-leashed, carried, or otherwise.
- The removal, disturbance or introduction of any plant, animal, or mineral is prohibited.
- Avoid interfering with research projects and educational programs.
- Smoking, consuming alcoholic beverages, and littering in the preserve are prohibited.