- Trayce Brooks – Detroit, Mich. (Wesley, JR)
- Gabriella de la Vega – Wyoming, Mich. (Carla, SO)
- Ross Leisman – Ada, Mich. (Hans, JR)
- Paul and Michelle Machiele – Ann Arbor, Mich. (Laurel, SR)
- Clarence and Susan Matthew – Naperville, Ill. (Micah, SO)
- Joe Matthews – Saint Joseph, Mich (Maiah, JR; Daphne, SO)
- Tom and Shawna Reidy – Downers Grove, Ill. (Liam, JR)
- Mark and Debra Schott – Palatine, Ill. (Jacob, SR)
- Donald and Linda Sutherland, co-chairs – Ballwin, Mo. (Neil, SO)
- Abbey Waterman – Detroit, Mich. (Kelsey, SR)
(Pictured above: 2016–2017 Council)
What we do
The Calvin Parent Council is a representative group of Calvin parents who meet on campus twice annually, foster constructive dialogue between the college and parents, serve as ambassadors for the college, and faithfully support Calvin's mission.
The Parent Council, an initiative of Calvin’s parent relations program, serves as a key leadership board to engage Calvin parents in constructive dialogue and activity.
Parent Council members are asked to serve an initial term of two years, with the option of serving additional years as long as they have a student at Calvin. Parents may serve individually or are invited to serve jointly on the council with a spouse. The membership includes parents or stepparents of students from each graduating class, and it is intended that the membership of the Parent Council reflect the demographics of the Calvin student body.