As a Christian institution in the Reformed tradition, Calvin University values and promotes diversity and inclusion (D&I). Scripture calls us to love others as we love ourselves, to exhibit and extend hospitality, and to pursue reconciliation.
How to Draft a Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- Download Writing Your D&I Statement, a companion document to the video above.
Diversity & Inclusion Small Steps
- Perspectives for the Day after the Election [October 19, 2020].
- 2-page Guide: How to Engage Your Political "Enemy" - by Pastor Mary [October 14, 2020].
- An Intro to Intergroup Dialogue [October 1, 2020].
- 2-page Guide to Navigating Polarized Times in the Classroom [September 23, 2020].
- Freedom of Expression and Loving Your Neighbor [September 21, 2020].
- Four Types of Racism [September 14, 2020].
- Cultural Flexibility. This narrated powerpoint introduces a framework for understanding cultural differences and becoming more culturally flexible. Key words: the 3 P’s pyramid, the three circles of identity, crossing cultures. [September 15, 2021]
- Communication, Conflict, and Cultures event: An introduction to understanding the communication culture of academia, how this overlaps with white spaces, and why bridging communication cultures can help create a sense of belonging for colleagues and students at home in other-than-white spaces. [April 20, 2021].
- Navigating the Election Week and Beyond [October 30, 2020].
- Politics in the Classroom. Faculty Open Forum #6 [September 24, 2020].
- Student-focused introduction to Interfaith@Calvin.
- Listen to Learn: Hear what this panel of students has to say about inclusion in higher education.
- More D&I Faculty resources: Browse many other resources to help faculty encourage diversity and inclusion in their classrooms.