Apply for need-based financial aid
- Obtain an FSA ID for both you and your parent at www.studentaid.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov using your previous year’s tax information.
- Complete the Special Circumstances Form to inform us of any additional factors impacting your ability to pay for Calvin.
- Search and apply for our need-based named scholarships by January 31.
Provide any FAFSA related documentation if prompted
- Starting mid-October, promptly submit any requested documentation
Approximately one third of families are required to submit additional documentation for a federal process called verification.
Receive your financial aid package
The moment you’ve been waiting for--see the aid available to you. Use your Calvin Admissions Workday account to review your financial aid.
Confirm your enrollment
Target date: May if you’re starting in the fall; December if you’re starting in the spring.
Make your final decision and confirm your enrollment.
Target date:May 15 or December 15
- If you have paid your $300 deposit and it's after December 15 (for Spring starts) or May 15 (for fall starts), you may accept your loans (log in required).
- If you have trouble with your log in check the Calvin Information Technology page for new students.