If you're transferring to Calvin from another college or university, this is the place for you. Learn how to apply, make sure to check out the application deadlines, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

To apply to Calvin, please submit the following items:

  • Calvin College Application OR The Common Application
  • High school transcript - submitted by your guidance counselor
  • SAT or ACT or CLT scores (SAT code 1095; ACT code 1968; CLT is the Classic Learning Test) - from your official transcript or sent directly from the testing agency. Test scores are often included on your high school transcript. (Test scores are not required if you've had two or more years of previous college experience, or if you're age 21 or older.)
  • Academic recommendation - submitted by a teacher you choose
  • Transcripts from any college(s) you have attended. An official transcript is required for admissions consideration and transfer credit evaluation.

Please submit required application items any of these ways:

  • Email to thc2@calvin.edu
  • Fax to Calvin College Admissions at 616-526-6777
  • Mail to Calvin College Admissions, 3201 Burton St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546


Taylor Cones

Taylor Cones

Admissions Counselor
Full profile

  • (616) 526-6107
  • Serving: Northeast Ohio, Pennsylvania, East Coast, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin
  • Admissions
  • Spoelhof College Center 260B (Map)


Check your application status

Use your email and PIN (check your email or admission letter) to access your Calvin application status page. Be sure to check back often for important messages and updates.

Application deadlines

Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis until the deadlines below. For maximum scholarship consideration, be admitted by February 1.

Type Fall Semester January Interim Spring Semester
First-Year Aug. 15 Dec. 10 Jan. 10
Transfer Aug. 15 Dec. 10 Jan. 10
Canadian Aug. 1 N/A Jan. 10
International April 1 N/A Dec. 15*
Previously-admitted / guest students: Students applying for readmission or non-degree seeking students are admitted on a space-available basis and must apply by July 1 for consideration. Please follow the timeline in the chart above.

*We do not accept international applications mid-year unless you are an international student in the U.S. who is transferring to Calvin.

First-year student profile 2018-2019

  • High school GPA (average) 3.7
  • ACT average 26
  • SAT average 1212


Calvin College does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.