If you're transferring to Calvin from another college or university, this is the place for you. Learn how to apply, make sure to check out the application deadlines, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
To apply to Calvin, please submit the following items:
- Calvin College Application OR The Common Application
- High school transcript - submitted by your guidance counselor
- SAT or ACT or CLT scores (SAT code 1095; ACT code 1968; CLT is the Classic Learning Test) - from your official transcript or sent directly from the testing agency. Test scores are often included on your high school transcript. (Test scores are not required if you've had two or more years of previous college experience, or if you're age 21 or older.)
- Academic recommendation - submitted by a teacher you choose
- Transcripts from any college(s) you have attended. An official transcript is required for admissions consideration and transfer credit evaluation.
Please submit required application items any of these ways:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to Calvin College Admissions at 616-526-6777
- Mail to Calvin College Admissions, 3201 Burton St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis until the deadlines below. For maximum scholarship consideration, be admitted by February 1.
|Type||Fall Semester||January Interim||Spring Semester|
|First-Year||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Transfer||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Canadian||Aug. 1||N/A||Jan. 10|
|International||April 1||N/A||Dec. 15*|
*We do not accept international applications mid-year unless you are an international student in the U.S. who is transferring to Calvin.
First-year student profile 2018-2019
- High school GPA (average) 3.7
- ACT average 26
- SAT average 1212
Calvin College does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.