This page contains the application requirements for all international undergraduate students except for Canadians and Americans living abroad. Please follow the application steps listed below. Our team is here to serve you; please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

International Graduate Students: review your steps here.

Contact us

Meet our international admissions team »

Steps to apply (in any order)


To apply to Calvin, we need to receive the following:

  • Calvin University Application OR The Common Application
    • NOTE: International transfer students may only use the Calvin application.
  • High school transcript – submitted by your guidance counselor through the application
  • SAT/ACT or IELTS/TOEFL/Duolingo – either from your high school or from the testing agency. See our testing guidelines for more information about which test you should submit.
  • Official university transcripts – if you’ve done any university/college course work.
  • Please note that you need a valid passport to study in the U.S. We encourage you to send us a scanned copy of the ID page of your passport, or begin the necessary paperwork to obtain or renew your passport. If you do not have a passport currently, please apply for one as soon as possible to avoid delays in obtaining an immigration document to schedule your visa appointment.

Apply for free by January 1.

For application deadlines, visit Facts & Standards »


Complete the International Student Application for Financial Aid.

We do not accept forms from any other sources such as The College Board and we require all supporting documents to be original or certified copies.


Provide supporting financial documentation (income and bank statements) via e-mail. We require:

  • Parent’s income statement – This can be a statement issued by their employer, person in charge of company finances, or it can be government issued tax document with the income amount listed.
  • Parent’s savings statement – This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that you can cover at least two years towards your educational costs. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed three months.
  • Sponsor’s letter of intent (if applicable) – This is a letter written by your sponsor indicating the amount they pledge towards your educational costs for each year. Sponsors should use this form for their letter of intent.
  • Sponsor’s savings statement (if applicable) – This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that your sponsor can cover at least two years of their pledged amount from savings. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed 3 months.

Students receive a form I-20 to apply for an F-1 visa after being admitted and clearing financial review. Students will receive more information when they reach this stage of the process. Click here for more information on Immigration.

Returning applicants

Please log in to continue an application or access your New Student Portal.

Calvin University does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.