Steps to apply (in any order)
To apply to Calvin, we need to receive the following:
- Calvin College Application OR The Common Application
- NOTE: International transfer students may also use either of these applications.
- High school transcript – completed by your guidance counselor through the application
- SAT/ACT or IELTS/TOEFL – either from your high school or from the testing agency. See our testing guidelines for more information about which test you should submit.
- Academic recommendation – completed by a teacher you choose through the application
- Transcripts – if you’ve done any college course work.
- Please note that you need a valid passport to study in the U.S. We encourage you to send us a scanned copy of the ID page of your passport, or begin the necessary paperwork to obtain or renew your passport.
Apply by January 1 and Calvin will waive the $35 application fee. Applications from international students will be considered until April 1.
Submit ONE of the following forms for financial aid, depending on your situation:
If you ARE requesting financial aid
Complete an application for financial aid
If you are NOT requesting financial aid
Complete the full pay agreement
We do not accept forms from any other sources such as The College Board and we require all supporting documents to be original or certified copies.
Submit supporting financial documents (can be sent via email or fax). We require:
- Parent’s income statement – This can be a statement issued by their employer, person in charge of company finances, or it can be government issued tax document with the income amount listed.
- Parent’s savings statement – This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that you can cover at least two years towards your educational costs. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed three months.
- Sponsor’s letter of intent (if applicable) – This is a letter written by your sponsor indicating the amount they pledge towards your educational costs for each year.
- Sponsor’s savings statement (if applicable) – This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that your sponsor can cover at least two years of their pledged amount from savings. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed 3 months.
Please log in to continue an application or access your status page.
Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis until the deadlines below. For maximum scholarship consideration, be admitted by February 1.
|Type||Fall Semester||January Interim||Spring Semester|
|First-Year||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Transfer||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Canadian||Aug. 1||N/A||Jan. 10|
|International||April 1||N/A||Dec. 15*|
*We do not accept international applications mid-year unless you are an international student in the U.S. who is transferring to Calvin.
Calvin College does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.