First things first
Enroll: Set up your new Calvin account by logging into your application status page.
Checklist: Work through your application’s checklist.
Email: Start using your @students.calvin.edu email address.
Registration and advising
In order to obtain your course schedule:
- You must pay your enrollment deposit
- The registrar’s office will set up your major and post your transfer credit
- The registrar’s office will pre-register a preliminary course schedule for you based on
- Your indicated major
- Your remaining course requirements
- If you change your major, you should contact the registrar’s office as soon as possible
- The registrar’s office will confirm your registration
- You will attend orientation, where you will meet with a faculty advisor and confirm your schedule. You may request preferential schedule changes at this time. The campus bookstore is generally open on the Saturday before the beginning of class — this would be a good time to purchase your books.
This is a very detailed, individualized process; your patience is appreciated.
In order to help the process along, please:
- Send your final transcripts as soon as possible.
- Send any AP scores you have.
- Review the core pages. Compare these pages with the preliminary transfer evaluation from your admissions packet to gain an understanding of how your courses match up with Calvin’s core.
Calvin’s language requirement
Calvin’s core language requirement can be met:
- By finishing the fourth college semester (Intermediate II) of any one language.
- With a high school exemption for having four sequential years in high school (Cs or better).
- If you are a multilingual student, the requirement is waived (as indicated on your application to the university).
If you have some language experience you will take a world language assessment prior to orientation (some assessments have a written on-campus portion during orientation). This will help us best determine your language level.