The Center for Student Success Testing Center provides an alternative testing space, available to eligible Calvin University students.
- MAKE-UP TESTING
Make-up testing services are available to Calvin University professors for students who are unable to complete an exam at its scheduled time. This service is to be used only for excused absences. While the validity of an excuse is at the professor’s discretion, we ask that this condition be honored so that requests do not exceed the capacity of the Testing Center.
Please note the following:
- Students must present a Calvin ID when they arrive for the test.
- Tests will be administered according to conditions determined by instructor (e.g., time allowance, deadline, permitted testing aids).
- The following will not be allowed in the testing room: food, cell phones, smart watches, other electronic devices, backpacks, purses, hats, and coats. Laptops will be allowed in the testing room for Moodle tests only.
- Requests for testing may be denied due to reasons including Testing Center capacity and student eligibility.
- We act as a proctor for exams and, as such, exercise no control over the availability of the test, over the extension of test times and deadlines, or other parameters, such as the use of extraneous materials. We abide by the instructions indicated by the instructor.
- The instructor fills out the test request and sends the test to the Testing Center. This must be done at least three business days before the test.
- The student receives an email with a link to sign up for the test under the parameters specified by the instructor.
- The student completes the form and returns it. This must be done at least two business days before the test.
- The student takes the test at the specified time at the Testing Center (HH 218—the basement of Hiemenga Hall).
- The Testing Center returns the completed test to the instructor.
- ACCOMMODATED TESTS & EXAMS
Accommodated Tests & Exams
Use the link below to schedule accommodated tests and exams. Testing sessions must be scheduled at least 7 calendar days prior to the day of the assessment.